Friday, November 10, 2006

Another First Memory of Sleep Walking

For the inspiration behind this blog click here.

First time you slept walked

I got some people talking this week about their sleep walking memories. This one is from a brother's perspective. Sleepwalking stories are best recalled by another party that was there to witness the act. After all, the sleep walker will only remember part of the story – usually not the best bits!

Into the night

“I haven’t slept walked to my knowledge but my brother did when we were young and I shared a room with him. I remember that I heard the commotion out in the hall from my Mum and Dad. I woke up properly and noticed that Paul was not in his bed. I got up and opened the door. Dad was in the hall in his pyjamas and my Mum had the front door open and was out in the drive with her dressing gown on. The draft through the door was nippy on my feet. What a thing to remember.

“What’s all the noise about? Where’s Paul?”. “He’s sleep walking” my Dad said. Well, I thought this was great. At that time I never knew people sleep walked really. I couldn’t understand why they were reluctant to wake him up.

Paul had gone for a walk down the drive and was walking down the pavement away from the house. He had on his boxer shorts and a pair of shoes. At least he’d stopped to put on his shoes!! My Mum ran after him and fortunately the cold must have half woken him up because he appeared to stop a little way down the road and turn round. He looked a bit puzzled to see my Mum. She steered him back into the house, by which time he was fully awake.

My Mum and Dad were really worried about him. He’d catch such a cold going out like that. He got over it without scratch and he laughs now when reminded that the house alarm code was changed after that!”

No comments: