Saturday, November 04, 2006

First time you slept walked

For the inspiration behind this blog click here.

Are you a sleep walker? Were you one once, when you were young and now you've grown out of it? Do you still sleep walk?

Hiding

“I think I’ve only slept-walked the once. I was quite young – must have been under eight years old. I don’t remember it myself but I was told enough times about it!

To set the scene a bit, I should let you know that my parents house, the one I grew up in, has two sets of stairs, one at either end. They both go to the same level, and it means you can literally run a circuit up one set along the upstairs level and down the second set and along the ground floor – used to be great fun! My parents room was integral to the circuit in that you actually had to go through it to get from one stair to the other.

Anyway, apparently my parents woke up to find me at the other end of the house, wandering along the hall in my pyjamas. To be found there, meant I had gone out of my room, down the stairs, through the living-room, kitchen and dining room, then back up the other set of stairs. I was in the hall outside their bedroom. I have no recollection of it, and they determined I was sleepwalking.

The next night I was put to bed and couldn’t find my pillow. Dad couldn’t find it anywhere and had to give me one from the spare room. We wondered for couple of days where the pillow could have gone! Then, Mum was turning out the laundry basket in the hall outside their room, when it showed up. It turns out when I was sleepwalking, I’d taken all the laundry out of the basket, stuffed my pillow into the bottom, then piled all the laundry back in on top. No wonder we couldn’t find it!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got a friend who still sleep walks - she's in her 40's. Often found in strange places doing strange things. can be scary as she sleep walks even on holiday - has woken her husband up when unlocking the door to the apartment and on her way for a walk with no clothes on!