Friday, September 08, 2006

First time at the cinema

For the inspiration behind this blog click here.

For the inspiration behind this blog click here.

Does anyone remember the first time they went to the cinema? I'm just off to see Pirates of the Carribean 2 and it made me think back. I think my Dad might have taken me and my brother to see Superman. That's about all. Well, that and popcorn!

Years later, after I was married, Superman came on the TV one Sunday afternoon. My husband suddenly choked on his custard cream and shouted out "Your Dad looks like Lex Luther!" Ever since then we can't look look at Gene Hackman in the same way.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was called “The Cat from Outer Space”. I have a vague recollection of the film – the cat could talk and it was from space. Other than that, no idea!

Anonymous said...

“I went to Greece with my sister. She was nineteen at the time and I was eleven years old. What I really remember about it was that we must have stood in the queue for about one and half hours in the Savoy in Bangor, Ireland. The queue was right round the building. It was February 1978, it was cold and wet. My sister was with her boyfriend and really didn’t want me there. I don’t really remember much about the film at all.”