Friday, September 22, 2006

First time you made your brother or sister cry - 3

For the inspiration behind this blog click here.
To read previous "first memories" of making siblings cry click here

Well its the end of a busy week, but thank goodness its a Bank Holiday for me this weekend. No big plans unfortunately as The Ryder Cup is on, but so far the weather has been good so fingers crossed it stays that way.
I'll be catching up with friends for coffees and lunch while David plonks himself in front of the TV.

I had to share this "first" story below from a good friend of ours as it reminded me of a recent occasion when I wanted to throw a plate at someone in a fit of frustration! I'm sure you know the feeling...

The flying 45

"I must have been about ten and my sister a year younger than me. She always did my head in, you know! We fought a lot as kids and on one particular day, she was getting on my nerves so bad that I picked up one of my Dad's records, an old 45', and threw it at her.

I threw it like you'd throw a Frisbee. And what a throw it was - slicing through the air in a perfect arc! Not a throw that's easily repeated, more of a fluke.

As my eyes followed its path across the room, it landed in the wall behind my sister. Lodged itself into the plaster! Just as well she ducked really or it could have been like that James Bond movie - you know the one with the bowler hat man? She started crying and ran into the kitchen and told my Mum.

I was in trouble when my Dad got home I can tell you - it was one of his old Elvis LP's I'd thrown and when we pulled it out, although it was whole, it was all scratched. Dad had to paper up the wall too because it had sliced right through it."

1 comment:

Ginnie said...

That brings up a lot of memories. I am the youngest of 5 girls and my sister Peg is just a year older. We are great friends now...but, at age 10, a different story.
A cute post, thanks..