Monday, September 04, 2006

First time you made your brother or sister cry - 2

For the inspiration behind this blog click here.

To read the previous "first memories" relating to siblings click here

Oh we could be cruel to our siblings. Personally I don't hear from my own brother any more. Been that way for almost 7 years now. The rift is too wide now.

Fore

“I was about five or six I think when I was mucking about with the golf clubs my Dad had in the garage. I remember I had this wooden putter…I liked it because it wasn’t as heavy as the metal ones and the colours of the wood were fascinating.

As I was swinging it about the garden my brother came up from the side. I never saw him, and I would continue to say that’s the truth to this day! I was on the back swing, going for an imaginary ball, when it struck something. I turned round and I’d smacked my brother in the head with the club!. He ran away screaming to Mum and boy, did I get smacked for that one. I don’t think it was really sore for him, because I could see the smile on his face when I got smacked.”

No comments: