Friday, October 20, 2006

First time you found out the truth about Santa Claus - another first memory

For the inspiration behind this blog click here.
For more Santa related memories, click here

Tick tock

Well, its the weekend again at last. Its been a busy week all round but I did get to hear another first memory of Santa Claus and how a younf child tricked his parents into finding out the truth. The lengths we go to...


“Someone must have told me at some point but I wasn’t quite ready to believe it. I remember I wrote to Santa asking for a wind up alarm clock. I know, I know, not the best present in the world for a child, I don’t know what I was thinking. But anyway, I then said to Mum that I’d asked Santa for an electric alarm clock. I was deliberately laying a trap and I don’t deny it. I just wanted to prove it, that Santa wasn't real. But, at the same time I didn't want to. It was so frustrating, as if my world was going to collapse if I found out he wasn't real. Part of you never wants to stop believing (I sound like an advert for Peter Pan!).


Of course, the electric clock was what I got in the end. It was weird, I was chuffed I’d proved Santa wasn’t real by my own experiment but at the same time it was a bad Christmas, because I’d proved it. That was it. Finished. Game over. No more Santa Claus.

In the end I told my sister what I’d done and she told my parents. I suppose it was ok for them – it meant they didn’t have the pretence again next year.”

No comments: